This Italian style cod recipe serves 4 and is ready in under 30 minutes.
Cook Cod With Us
Quick Cod Recipe
Served in a delicious white wine and tomato sauce, this recipe provides a light healthy dinner for any day of the week.
For the Sauce:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 50ml dry white wine
- 1/2 fresh basil bunch, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- Pinch granulated sugar
- Salt & black pepper
For the Cod:
- - 2 tbsp olive oil
- - 4 x cod fillets (600g)
- - Salt & pepper
- 1. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat
- 2. Add chilli flakes and garlic and fry for 1 min
- 3. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are soft, but still hold their shape (8 min)
- 4. Then add white wine, stir, and allow the mixture to come to a simmer.
- 5. Next, stir in the basil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, sugar, and pepper and cook for 2 minutes
- 6. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Pat the cod dry with paper towels. Then season both sides of cod
- 7. Place cod in the oil and fry until golden brown
- 8.Carefully flip the cod over and continue cooking until it's cooked through and flakes apart
- 9. Pour the sauce over the cod, let the sauce warm up
Best served hot with new potatoes or dressed salad!
Shop With Us
Did you know? You can order your fresh cod to be delivered locally to your home as well as collect in store.